Thursday, August 28, 2008














Hello!


Welcome the the 518 girls blog! I decided that we need a space just for us. =)


As you amazing ladies continue to kick off a new school year, I want to pray for you from this verse:


"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:9-12


Some of you girls are experiencing major changes in your world as this semester starts. Some of you are already having a blast, and several of you have had a miserable first week. Many of you probably wish it was time for summer again. =) Whatever your first week or two have been like, I have a question for you: Who are you? Or more importantly, WHOSE are you? Nothing will be more important for you to know as you wander through life and wander through the halls of your school this semester. If you have come to God (our Maker) through His Son Jesus (God-in- the-flesh-Who-died-in-our-place, our Savior) then you belong to Him. You find your identity in who HE says you are. A transformation is beginning in you that HE has started and HE will finish. But let me whisper something in your ear: you can't do this alone. And the good news is, you don't have to. Ask God to help you find out what it's like to walk through each day with Him: talking to Him, leaning on Him, learning to please Him. What a beautiful thing that would be, ladies...


I want you to know that I'm praying for you, as you walk through the halls of your school or jump into extra-curriculars or sit in your room at night....praying that you'll feel the nearness of your Maker, who has shown His drastic love for you. Jesus is the proof that God wants a relationship with you, that His love for you is real and is the kind of love that doesn't give up...Because of Jesus you and I have been (or can be) made brand new. We can learn to really live. And the beautiful One, the faithful One, the One who is bigger than we could ever imagine, can help you to live as He designed you to live this year.



Amazing.



I pray that you and I will have a can't-get-my-eyes-off-my-Savior, just-want-to-please-Him, never-knew-I-could-love-Him-this-much, never-knew-I-could-love-THEM-this much, take-a-deep-breath-when-I-hate-my-life-and-remember-that-He-never-leaves-me kind of semester.




God is real, and we are His, and that changes everything. =)